A common question amongst our customers is whether artificial grass is suitable for pets, especially dogs. Forever Greens answer is always the same, yes, it’s a good choice. We have completed a ton of installs from dog lovers wanting a better environment for their animals. Forever Greens has done multiple dog runs in the Bay Area. If you are debating a synthetic grass installation, here are some of the benefits for dog and pet owners:
1. No more muddy paws and mess being tracking into your house.
2. No more dead patches of grass.
3. Hygienic. Urine will wash through the artificial grass just like normal grass. Solid waste will need to be scooped up and disposed of. Then just quickly hose down the artificial grass to remove any traces. If you are worried about odors and general cleanliness we can recommend Simple Green or similar pet products to be applied 2 times a year at most.
4. Deters digging. Dogs usually dig because of odors from the within the ground or, just as commonly, to bury things. With artificial grass the odors are minimized and even if your dog tried to dig he would find the artificial grass too strong. Think about how artificial grass is designed to withstand the wear and tear of 300 pound men in cleats playing football and then you can appreciate how strong it is.
5. Artificial grass with a sand infill is non toxic – important when considering your dog or other pets. The artificial grass is generally anti-microbial so micro organisms and bacteria find it difficult to establish themselves. Generally it is a more hygienic environment.
6. Artificial grass is not attractive to insects – they can’t eat it! In fact, there is no organic matter for them so they move on to the next yard. Ticks and fleas tend to stay away.
7. Properly installed artificial grass will allow rain water to drain away quickly. This helps to ensure that your lawn is always available for your dog or other pets to play on.
8. If you are replacing a lawn, the installation will pay for itself through water / maintenance savings in 3-5 years!